It is our policy to
respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This page
describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is
designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to bestofurl.com as
straightforward as possible while increasing our response time to complaints
and reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or
difficult to understand or verify. The form of notice specified below is
consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium
Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office
Web Site) but we will respond to notices of this form from other
jurisdictions as well.
Regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under local
country law or United States law, our response to these notices may include
removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of
infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. We may also document
notices of alleged infringement on which we act. As such, your letter (with
your personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects for
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has
been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the text
that appears on http://www.legal.com/legal_page.html")
or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being
infringed (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the "Touch Not
This Cat" by Dudley Smith, published by Smith Publishing, ISBN
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work
listed in item #1 above. By providing the Linkaty.us URL(s) to the material
in plaintext please! one URL per line.
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit Linkaty.us to contact
you (email address is preferred).
4. Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit Linkaty.us to
notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other
content (email address is preferred).
5. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of
the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not
authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
6. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that
the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright
owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right
that is allegedly infringed."
* On average we will try respond to your email within 10 minutes to a few
hours any day of the week.
* Once propely notified we will promptly remove the identified material if
* Any files that are removed are added to a file filter (based on md5
hashing of the file) to prevent the exact same file from being uploaded